Friday, January 23, 2009

IN THE BEGINNING...



Welcome to my blog about the T-Square Ranch!

In other words...

WELCOME TO THE T-SQUARE RANCH!




A LITTLE ABOUT ME...
KAREN STEFANIAK TRASK


My roots are in Dearborn, MI. I grew up in a modest home, in a clean, safe neighborhood, and attended school in one of the best school systems in the country, graduating from Edsel Ford H.S in 1973.

Yes, this was Henry Ford country.
Ironically, I've never owned a Ford.

As a child, sitting on my porch on Roosevelt Street, or lounging under the tree in the front yard, I made up a Big Dream "To-Do" List. Being Creative... Being a Designer... Seeing the world... and...

Owning land...a LOT of land. I never set an amount exactly, as I wanted to keep my options open.

One by one the dreams came true. I was creative every day of my young life, drawing comic strips, or writing plays... graduating from Kendall School of Design in 1977...

I traveled the world, thanks be to Dad, any chance I could get on a plane, between my 15th and 21st year, which included circumnavigating the globe when I was a just 17 years old...

The last Big Dream on my "To-Do" list came true in my 50th year. The T-Square Ranch, just the way I had drawn the dream...

What a way to coast down the other side of life, with everything off THE BIG DREAM "TO-DO" List".

Thanks for reading, and perhaps someday you'll want to spend some time out in the middle of glorious nowhere yourself.

Happy Trails, and I hope you enjoy the posts!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading, and thanks to all who might take the time to comment. KST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a job. I can't wait to see the final photos after the project is complete.
    I am also happy that you were able to fullfill all of your childhood dreams.
    Keep up the good work.
    Love ya kiddo,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all great! I can't wait to hear more!Hugs, Joanie~

    ReplyDelete