Saturday, October 20, 2012

WHAT WILL WE FIND...

Our five hour car ride to the ranch will be a much needed break from work for this getting-older-by-the-minute body of mine.  I'm hoping the fresh air, solitude and quiet of the T-Square Ranch will rejuvenate my soul.  Granted, said rejuventation only has about 5 hours of daylight in which to permeate my being, but there's something about the property that awakens the creative spirit in me, much more so than anywhere else.

Maybe it's the whispers of the ancient ones who still roam that area, or putting my fingers in the sand, or taking the mile walk around the property, or walking out to see where the power of water has cut through the earth.  I especially look forward to partaking in my morning ritual of walking out to the road and sitting on my special rock, listening to birds song, taking in the beautiful vista. 

Our last trip over yielded a surprise that we actually thought would happen long before it did, with someone "helping themselves" to our utility trailer.  For the past several years we'd come up the drive, around the bend and breathe a sigh of relief to see everything in its place.  Not so the last couple of visits.  First the generator was missing, then the broken window, and on our last visit, there was one less thing, the utility trailer on the ranch than was there in the summer.

Well, make that more than one thing.  I had a feeling that the people who used to live there a long time ago, whose spirits are still hanging out there, were also not present as they had been over the past five years.  Maybe they were hunting down the person who helped themselves to our utility trailer.  I hope I will sense their presence again when we get there today, and I hope to have a little chit-chat with whomever might be listening.  It will also be wonderful to hold their creations in my hands once again.

Yes, I'm hoping it will be a much needed, rejuvenating trip...

Sifting my fingers through the sand, never knowing what I might find...

Have a great weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment