Thursday, May 6, 2010

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED...


Try another weekend!

I requested 4 days in a row off from my place of employment...and it was granted!

Unfortunately then came a turn of events...no, make that 2 turn of events. Bill's back is still "iffy", and he's also working nightshift!

No, wait...make that 3 turns...sheesh...am I the only one getting dizzy from all this turning?

When I originally requested the 4 days off, Bill was supposed to have Friday off, and and per his normal schedule, Saturday and Sunday off.

Ah, but then came the request for second shift personnel, which he volunteered for, and then came the "oh, sorry, you can't have the Friday off because there's a mandatory 50 hour work week being imposed through at least the month of May!"

In a word, lovely.

Between Bill's back issue, and the fact that he has to work on Friday night...if he can even drive for 5 hours..we won't head out to the ranch until Saturday morning, probably late Saturday morning.

But if he's not up for it....I'm going alone, and I'm heading out at the crack of dawn if not earlier on Saturday. If I knew I was going to have to go alone, I'd head out on Friday, but Bill can't drive the Jeep to work, so I have to wait for the truck to be available.

Yeah...it's always something.

But we or I will make it out to the ranch this weekend. I'm certainly not going to have four days off in a row, over a weekend, and just sit around the house, in the "getting hotter by the minute" Valley of the Sun.

Oh no I won't...absolutely will not. I'm going...and hell hath no fury and all that!

Hopefully we/I will find everything just as we left it out on the Santa Rita.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Go Karen Go!! Seriously, we hope that Bill is able to join you. After last year, LouAnn and I both know how frustrating it can be when dealing with physical pain.

    On a brighter note, I made contact with Luis Munoz! He sounded good and is going to put our septic system in. Even more surprising is the fact that he is very busy! Seems like things may actually be improving! Now if only we can get a hardware store back in Quemado!!

    You be careful out there, especially if you are by yourself! LouAnn and I will be out on the Santa Rita 3 weeks from today so if there is anything we can do for you, just let us know.

    Jay and LouAnn

    ReplyDelete